Skip to main content



Blackwood Cardigan

The Blackwood Cardigan has been on my to do list since it was released.  I do love a cardigan and they are on regular rotation in my wardrobe.  The Blackwood appealed to me because it is a close fitting garment and I knew made in merino, that it would become a staple in my work wardrobe.  What I didn't realise is that it isn't designed to meet in the middle at the  front.  I do like to wrap my cardigans around me in the cold weather.

The fabric I chose is a piece of merino nylon that has been a long time stash resident.  My measurements put me at a medium which I found odd.  Usually at size 10, I fall into the small category but not this time.   
The cardigan was really quick to make with most of the construction done on the overlocker.  I took extra care with the pressing because this fabric really doesn't like the iron.  

Once I had the entire cardigan finished I discovered that it was actually a bit too small.  I measured the pattern which I should have done before I began,…

Latest Posts

Tessuti Monroe Turtleneck

Replacing Old Favourites

End of April Wrap Up

Distressed Ginger Jeans

Closet Case Files Sasha Pants

McCall's 7542 in Lace

Burdastyle 07/2017 119

Burda 7045 With Liberty Trim

McCall's 7542 & Lindy Petal Skirt