New Dress
.
I bought this beige/grey heavy jersey knit fabric at my local fabric store because I loved the weight and feel of it but when I got it home I couldn't decide what to make it up as. I flicked through some magazines and pulled out my favourite patterns and consulted my fashion sounding board, who just happens to also be my teenage daughter and she came up with the idea of combining two patterns into one. This is what we came up with.... I used Butterick 6933 which is a vintage pattern I pickup up second hand and hadn't used before, for the bodice and Burda 8281 which is my favourite skirt pattern for the skirt.
.
The verdict...I love this dress! Not only is it comfortable but teamed with a merino, tights and my trusty heeled leather boots by Capezio I feel quite stylish. When my fashionable 21 year old hairdresser admired it I knew I was onto a winner!

Comments

  1. It does look lovely! And warm and comfortable too? Well, that's a winning combination!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts