A Quick Update...
.
Well the snow has all but gone, apart from the mound of snow that was formerly the igloo. After a northwest wind and 16 degree day yesterday, all that is left is dripping and soggy. Tuesday was a very pretty day with the sky blue and the sun shining so we took the dog for a walk in the snow blanketed park. The pond had frozen over, much to the dogs confusion and kids amazement. Lots of snowballs were thrown. I am sure those two days will be remembered by my kids for the rest of their lives. Sometimes, the simplest pleasures are the ones we remember the most. These two days of the holidays cost me nothing but the kids will be the first to say that they were the best days of the school holidays.
.
Today, my oldest boy has returned to school for two intense days of production rehersals. He was this morning, quite a sad little figure striding off down the street. His holiday has ended and it will be another 9 weeks before he will get another. I am sure we will find him some new adventure next holiday break.
.
Sewing has been put on the back burner over the last couple of weeks although I have managed to squeeze in a couple of cushion covers for my family room. Because of the sewing drought I thought I would show you a jacket I made last winter using Simplicity 2858 which is a Project Runway pattern. I made it up to size 12 after comparing measurements but if I made it again which I think I will, I will make a size 10. Because I ususally wear it with a merino underneath it really isn't that noticeable that it is a bit loose. I particularly like the sleeves on this jacket and the raglan sleeves make a pleasant change. I made it up in a houndstooth fabric and lined it. I added some ricrac around the bottom in black just to give it a lift.
.
I have been reading a lot of good reviews on Jalie patterns. I like their basic designs as tees and sweats I wear a lot, so I knew I would get a lot of use out of these patterns. I have bitten the bullet and ordered a jeans, tee and hoody jacket pattern as well as a Simplicity anorak pattern from the new autumn collection that isn't yet available here. I have some very nice goretex to make the anorak up in and unlike my current rain coat this fabric will actually keep out water. My patterns left yesterday, so I am counting down the days until they arrive.

Comments

  1. This is a lovely little jacket! I'm sure having the extra width makes it useful for layering a few winter woollies underneath.
    Thank you so much for your kind words yesterday

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts