I was sifting through my patterns the other day and found some patterns I used to make my children clothes when they were small.
.
Before the beginning of each season, I would drag out my entire stash of kiddy fabrics and my patterns and plan for the season ahead. Just about everything my older children wore was made by me. I loved the creative process and it certainly eased my budget as well. Sadly by the time my youngest son came along, life had got in the way. I had 3 young children and we were renovating so time was in short supply. I had a lot of clothing from my older son so I didn't really make much for number 3. One of my favourite and most used patterns was Burda 4622. I don't know how many times I made this one up but I certainly got my monies worth and it is a pattern that even though I don't have a use for it currently, I can't see myself ever parting with. The fit is so good, nice and roomy, perfect for nappy bottoms and because the pants are cuffed, I found they were good for two winters.

Comments

  1. Your story sounds just like mine...! Our youngest son also wore all his older brother's clothes because I was too exhausted with three children under the age of four to sew much, plus I went back to work.
    You have made such cute little overalls for your children. I love the contrasting fabrics and pockets on a few of these examples. It is wonderful to have an easy, great fitting, tried and true pattern such as this one to fall back on.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts