Style or Lack Thereof......


I have invested in a few basic patterns from Style Arc.  I have been reading a lot about their patterns lately online and thought I would like to try them out.  I ordered leggings, a polo neck jumper and a cardigan.  I could have drafted my own but they market themselves as being pattern suppliers to the industry so I took the easy way out.

I really wanted a fine wool cardigan to protect against the sometimes cold spring breezes.  I used Style Arc Cozy Cardi.  I made a size 10.   According to their sizing I am a size 9 so I shouldn't be surprised that it is a little loose on me.  I like the shape of this cardigan but I do feel it is a little Nanaish.  I am not sure how I can improve on it for future reference but making it tighter might be a good way to start.  The one thing I am really disappointed in was the neck facing which when applied as they showed in the instructions, actually stretched ridiculously out of shape.  This could have had more to do with the fabric I chose, but it was particularly frustrating.  Unfortunately with merino, you risk holes if you unpick so I had to add some elastic to pull it back in.  It isn't really noticeable when worn but I am still not happy with it.  If I made this cardi again I think I would leave off the facing altogether and put on a band instead and I would also do this on the sleeves and maybe even make it a little shorter for a more youthful look. 

I will wear this cardigan but I wish now I had tried it out in a less valuable fabric before using my precious merino.

Comments

  1. It is a pity it didn't turn out like you'd hoped but I'm sure it is deliciously warm. I would love to get hold of some of the merino knit you have been using... does the store you buy from sell online? We have huge numbers of merino sheep here, but for some reason one cannot buy merino fabric here... strange, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts