2011 Wrap Up


Over this past week, I have been away camping at the beach with my family.  We have been swimming, surfing, sailing, kayaking, boogie boarding,  mountain biking and fishing.  During our time camping we were rocked by some quite large earthquakes and it is quite a spooky thing to be standing on the beach when an offshore earthquake hits you. The deep rumble that hits before the shudders, echo's off the ocean and you find yourself looking at the water for signs of a tsunami.  When a swarm hit us in the quiet of the night it was time to pack up and come home because we all got spooked about the possibility of a tsunami, something we don't have to worry about at home.  A lot of my time this week has been spent in contemplation.  I have contemplated mother natures natural beauty and her raw power and followed my kids as they took advantage of the many opportunities she gave them, usually from behind my camera lense.   I have also contemplated the many fish that we have caught and have made their way to my barbecue, which is what I am doing in the above picture.

At the end of 2011, I did not spend much time looking back, I don't think many of the people I was with did.  It is time to look forward.  I started this blog earlier in 2011 as a diversion from earthquakes and the uncertainty that became part of everyday life and it renewed my love of sewing.  I am still living in uncertain times and continue to have the same passion for sewing.  I have a stack of fabric ear marked for 2012 and a stack of new patterns I am keen to try out.  On Christmas Eve I packed away all of my machines and equipment and it is so tidy I am a little loathe to disturb it again, but now that I am home, I can feel that old familiar tug,  some sneaky ideas creeping in.  Maybe next week when my husband returns to work I will begin a new project but for now, I just want to head back to the beach......

Comments

Popular Posts