Legs 11


I have had Style Arc's Laura Legging pattern sitting in my collection unused since last winter.  With legging weather fast approaching, I was quite keen to try these out.  Now, I have nothing against rtw leggings, I thought it could come in handy to be able to make my own when a gorgeous piece of fabric caught my eye.  This fabric does not quite make it to the gorgeous stakes, but it is a nice quality cotton Lycra.  It is basically grey with a fine blue stripe.  It was only $8 per metre so the perfect fabric to trial my leggings pattern on. 


When I measured the Style Arc pattern on my ready to wear leggings, I had my doubts about this pattern but on completion, I have to say, I am a complete convert.  The only change I made was to shorten the length and I made the elastic a bit tighter around the midriff to match the rtw version but otherwise, what you see is what you get.  These leggings are high waisted which wouldn't have been my first choice and conjures up images of granny pants but in reality is fantastic as it turns out.... there is nothing worse than spending the day hitching up your leggings.   These leggings are extremely comfortable, even more so than rtw versions, and I didn't think that was at all possible, so you could say I am a convert.  I am sure this pattern will get a lot more use when I come across cute knit fabrics.


Comments

  1. Thank you so much for you lovely comment on my Mum's kimono and I will be sure to pass your kind words along. She will be thrilled to have received so many compliments!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts