Retail Therapy

 
Yesterday was my birthday, so Courteney who was on study leave this week, took me out for morning tea.  I had already been for a run earlier in the morning so didn't take much convincing to indulge in a mochacino and a nice big piece of cheese cake....yum!
 
 
Afterwards we indulged in one of my other favourite pass times and that is op shopping for fabric.  I came away with some huge pieces that were still on the roll.  They included the largest roll of nylon elastin in a lovely blue stripe, hot pink unbrushed cotton sweatshirting, white cotton interlock,  red wool suiting, aqua ribbing (to go with the cotton sweatshirting already in my stash), emerald green unbrushed cotton sweatshirting and beige cotton rugby knit.  There really is way too much fabric here for any project that I may want to make but I am sure Courteney will also use this fabric for her own projects.



We arrived home to find this little lot in the letter box.  Happy Birthday to me!

Comments

  1. Happy Birthday to you! Sounds like a wonderful day. All my favourite things too - coffee, cake, fabric and patterns!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lara. I did have a lovely day but had to share the limelight with my husband who also had his birthday yesterday. It makes for a very busy day.

      Delete
  2. Happy Birthday I hope you had a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Robyn, yes I did and was rather spoilt as well.

      Delete
  3. Happy birthday to you! Must be your birthday, to get such great op shop finds.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that load of fabric is worth having a birthday for! Happy Birthday...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, getting older really is the only downside of birthdays.

      Delete
  5. Happy Birthday! Score with all that great fabric :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know....I wouldn't do the rounds of the op shops this week...I have been there first!

      Delete
  6. Happy Birthday . Sounds like it was off to a good start. Hope you didn`t have to do a ny housework as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely no housework done on Friday. I am paying for it over the weekend though!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts