Vogue 1247 Revisited


This is the second version of this top I have made.  The first one is here.  I used a piece of mystery polyester op shop fabric and Vogue 1247.  The fabric is a lovely navy blue with a small white moon looking spot



I cut the fabric to a size 10, the same size as last time.  I did find the neck a little big on the original and it required bra strap stays to keep it from falling off my shoulders.  It was a little too deep in the v neck for my liking as well.  For this reason, I cut the neck a full 1.5cm smaller all of the way round which means it now sits nicely without any embarrassing gaping while still fitting over my head.



This top was an easy make and blends nicely with the lighter blue items that are favourites in my wardrobe.  It also matches my white Jalie Jeans.

Comments

  1. Great top, it'll be wonderful for spring and summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Robyn. It should get plenty of use if this unpredictable weather settes.

      Delete
  2. It's beautiful! I am sure that you will be using a lot this top, so simple that it can be combined with any piece of your wardrobe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Simple very much suits my lifestyle. I would like more casual tye tops like this.

      Delete
  3. I like this pattern on you more than I do the pattern cover - its proportions suit you beautifully! Love it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I am quite happy with this one now that I have the neck issues sorted.

      Delete
  4. This is a great little top - interesting seaming details. LOVE your poppies by the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the seams as well. The tulips and poppy backdrop was borrowed from an elderly neighbour.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts