A Teeny Tiny Piece



I had to whip out at dusk to take this photo of my latest stash busting tee.  I had two different pieces of grey fabric.  The gold embossed piece was from this top and the striped piece was from this dress.  Now, I was going to make both of these pieces into some lingerie but at the last moment decided that grey was a little too dull for my lingerie preferences.  A little bit of Googling later and Marie Denmark was conceived. 

Had this pattern not been free, I probably wouldn't have considered a pattern from this supplier.  They tend to be more leaning towards basics than flamboyant and I tend to find basics sewing a little dull.  That being said though, I am thoroughly impressed by the cut of the Maria Denmark Kimono Tee and now consider myself a convert.   I particularly like their pattern matching so it is really easy to tape the pieces of pattern together.  There are definitely no jigsaw puzzles with this one.   It was a cleverly conceived idea on their behalf to suck non converts like me in, I think and I just may have to order more patterns.  Never let it be said that I don't support small pattern designers.  I have long been a Sewaholic worshiper and have also supported Colette and Style Arc as well.  I may now have to add Maria Denmark to my new list of patterns to buy.




Now, back to the details.  I cut out a size small as indicated by my measurements and changed nothing about this pattern except splicing both the front and back to incorporate  two different fabric prints.  I also cut the neck ribbing shorter than stated as I found it sat better.



Once again after my origami style cutting, I have no fabric left.  Excellent!  There are now two less pieces of fabric trying to be first to escape the fabric cupboard. 



Comments

  1. Looks great Andrea. I have this pattern, and lots of "scraps". Maybe I should take a leaf out of your book, so to speak? The splicing has worked beautifully here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lara. This is a good pattern and a great one for using up scraps.

      Delete
  2. That's a nice top and I particularly like the splicing the two fabrics together. I have this pattern too and now that the kitchen is finished painting and school starts on Tuesday, I might get some sewing done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cool. Lovin the splice. And another awesome Maria Denmark pattern in the blogosphere! Like you, I've had great luck with Sewaholic, Colette, etc., but I may have to give in and give MD a try. I can't fight it any longer. Awesome stashbusting, Andrea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shelley. This top is a great way to test the patterns because it is free!

      Delete
  4. Nice work on the top. That's something you'd be able to get RTW for a whole lot more $$$.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Saving a few $ is always another nice bonus!

      Delete
  5. ooh, lovely! I'm a huge fan of comfy knit tee's like this with a bit of visual interest! It looks awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I am not really a fan of plain tees...although I probably should be.

      Delete
  6. I have seen and admired this Tee on many people but had no idea it was a freebie ! Incredibly smart marketing because look what the free sorbetto did for colette patterns. THanks for the headup on this as your Tee looks great as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Yes it is clever marketing. I hope she does well.

      Delete
  7. I think Maria's secret is the simplicity of her designs. They are quite 'Danish' like that, perfectly suited and drafted to their purpose. My day-to-night top is my favourite top in years - as is the dress patterns I created from it.
    I've got to make this shirt I have the pattern cut out!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts