Rockin Alma





 Given today is 1 April (a pinch and a punch and all that), I should be posting a roundup of all my makes for the month.  Life has however got in the way this month and I am a bit behind on the posting front.  Better that, than behind in the making front, I say.  This top has been made up for over a week and has been worn several times in between.  It is yet another example of one of those makes using left overs that I actually like better than the item I bought the fabric for.



The fabric is a lovely silk metallic fabric that I bought for this party dress last year.  I initially ear marked the remnants for a tunic type dress for winter but had an epiphany last week while shopping my own patterns and Sewaholic Alma was what I came up with.



Like my last version , I made a size 6 and view A.  I didn't have enough fabric for the facings, so used some black linen that I used for the waistband on my floral Sewaholic Thurlow shorts.  I had a small remnant of grey stretch suiting and this was used for the armhole binding.  It isn't quite the right grey but because it is under the armpits, it really doesn't matter.



I really need a lot more tops and skirts for work so you may see a lot more of this pattern.  My top has now been worn twice to work and once above and I love, love, love, it!  The combination of a gorgeous fabric and a really good pattern is hard to beat.  Sewaholic patterns are really good patterns and I am yet to find one I don't like.





Comments

  1. Looks like you had a great break away, hasn't the weather been perfect? Where do you buy the Sewaholic patterns from?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I buy indie patterns from sewsquirrel in Australia. From memory she charges $3 for postage. I have my eye on the Cordova as well.

      The weather has been perfect over Easter. It is a shame school hols are so late this year.

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous outfit for the outback! Happy Easter to you.
    I've been looking closely at the Cordova and will eventually buy it from Sew Squirrel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am trying really hard not to buy a Cordova until I am ready to make it. When autumn comes it will be on my to do list.

      I am not sure about the outback. I am pretty sure we can't lay claim to one of those. It does feel like a million miles from anywhere though!

      Happy Easter to you too!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts