Me Made May Day's 13-16


The weather has been unseasonably warm, so before it breaks, I have been taking every opportunity to wear my transeasonal garments.  This Vogue peplum top is one such garment, as are my black linen  Colette Clover pants.


Sometimes in the working week you just need a little pick me up.  This cheerful Simplicity floral dress is just what the doctor ordered on a very busy Tuesday (day 14)



On Wednesday, day 15, I chose a little more subdued outfit.  This is actually one of my favourites at the moment.  I love the pop of yellow in my upcycled blouse made using Simplicity 4589.  The skirt, is a lovely lined wool flannel, made using Colette Meringue and although we had a rocky relationship at the beginning, I find this skirt a good neutral when I am tired of black.


I am finding it increasingly difficult to decide what to wear of a work morning lately.  We should be waking to temperatures of 0-4 degrees, rising to a high of around 13-15 degrees.  Instead this morning, I awoke to 11 degrees and while I was standing in my wardrobe staring blankly at the rack the sound of birds singing made me decide on this incarnation of Vogue 1247 in black wool knit, and my current favourite blouse, my summer version of Sewaholic Alma in silk metal.

That just about wraps up another week, a week that has been manic to say the least.   I haven't had much sleep but I have managed to squeeze in some sewing time on a very special project.  Who need's sleep!  It's overated! 


Comments

  1. I am loving all your me made outfits . What a lovely mothers day present - it looks so soft and cozy - just perfect. You must have been very proud of your daughter ( and your other children of course !) anyway congrats for keeping up so well with all your outfits and photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I was rather spoilt on Mother's Day. They say it is the thought that counts but it is a real bonus when the thought and effort produces something that you love.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts