Predictably.......


No, it isn't that I made a skirt, more the pattern that I used.  It
should come as no surprise that I used Vogue 1247 as the basis for my new skirt.  The fabric that I chose is a quality piece of dark olive green fabric with a pink/red pin stripe, bought as part of this op shop fabric haul.  What makes this fabric so special is that it is a lovely 60% mohair 40% wool fabric made in  England.  I know this because it was woven into the selvedge.  I really wanted something special for this fabric so Vogue 1247 was the obvious choice.  I absolutely love the fit of this skirt.  I now have it drafted in made to measure size so minimal fitting is required.  From my draft this time though, I redrafted it to a pencil skirt.  After piecing the pattern pieces together and straightening the sides, I added a back vent copied from an old 1980's pattern that was in regular rotation in the day.





I lined this skirt in a piece of green taffeta lining from Lincraft.  


If I had one little criticism of this skirt it would be that the fabric creases quite easily as you can see in the above photos.

I got a little side tracked while taking this photo.  I found a nice little supply of the last of the seasons strawberries in the garden so stopped for a quick snack before the kids discovered them.


Comments

  1. Great outfit - and glad that you enjoyed the strawberries!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think they are definitely the last if the season. The weather has the feel of winter now!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts