The Mandy Tee "Rocks"


The first day of spring coincided with Fathers Day this year so what better opportunity for a little family excursion.  These tend to be few and far between these days with teenagers having their own agendas.  We took the opportunity on a sunny but breezy morning to walk along the waterfront at Governors Bay.  At was a beautiful morning to be walking in the sunshine but not so much in the shade.  Another words a typical early spring day!  

The photos I took today are using volcanic rock formations as my background.  Lyttelton Harbour, where these photos were taken was once a volcano which last erupted six million years ago causing the side to blow out and the ocean to rush in, creating what we now know as the harbour.


So now I have given you the history/geography run down, I will get on to the sewing run down.

For once, I have made a pattern when it is released.  I know!  What is going on?  The top I speak of is the Tessuti Mandy Boat Neck Tee.  This is a free pattern so I couldn't resist.  I made it out of some heavy cotton knit fabric so it is sort of a tee crossed with a jumper.  The perfect weight for a casual early spring top.  This pattern is a one size fits all and when you see the pattern you will see why.  The only fitting bit is the sleeves.  If you lay the top flat, it is actually the funniest looking thing you have ever seen.  I made it exactly to the pattern, length and all.


There will be a repeat of this pattern.  It is really nice to wear and I love the three quarter sleeves and quite surprisingly even the tent like shape.


Comments

  1. Thanks for telling us about this pattern, it definitely looks worth trying. Beautiful scenery too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Despite its simplicity or perhaps because if it, I find it a real TNT. The scenery makes a pleasant chage from my usual bricks and mortar!

      Delete
  2. Looks great on you, very versatile. I was wondering how this would sew up, I had their original "Fave Top" pattern and this one is in the queue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I haven't tried the fave top but am intrigued by the new pants pattern.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts