Zesty Belcarra and Woven Animas




Because my previous Sewaholic Belcarra is too big, well, everywhere, I went back to the beginning and copied a new one.  This time I cut my top to size 4, grading to size 2 in the hips.  I also narrowed the neck by 1cm all around.






The fabric I chose was an op shop piece of lemon/lime coloured textured mystery woven with nice drape.  I didn't have quite enough fabric so I had to add a piece to the back neck.  To add interest I cut this on the bias and top stitched it.  I also didn't have enough fabric for the sleeve bands so horror of horrors, I cut into a skirt that I didn't really wear but still love the fabric.  The rest of the skirt will be utilized in another project.  

I really like the fit of this Belcarra but feel the neck could be narrowed further in future versions.


Ever since making Papercut Anima pants, I was curious as to how this pattern would look made into a drapey woven fabric.  I had a piece of drapey synthetic woven fabric in my stash that had been recently bought at the op shop.  This fabric is similar to that which sports track pants are made of...the ones that are lined with zips at the ankles.  Because I had nothing to lose I ran a pair of Anima's up.  I am pleased I did!  I have to say, I love these pants!  They are both comfortable and work appropriate.   I am now on the lookout for some more suitable fabric. 



Comments

  1. You had nothing to lose with the fabrics you've used and both pieces look great. Check out the fit:) I hope you find some more fabric for Anima.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think I may already have a queue of suitable fabric!

      Delete
  2. Both look fantastic and they go together perfectly. The fit of your Belcarra looks great. I like the slight adjustment to the neck and the colour is great for summer :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The neck is actually the one downside to this pattern so it is nice to have it sorted.

      Delete
  3. That's a cute little top, I love the colour and especially those contrasting cuffs. Nice!
    I really like the blue spotty shirt in the previous post too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The blue spotty shirt is actually now my new favourite!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts