A Biblical Setting For Easter





Last weekend was Easter weekend and we took the opportunity of four days off work to go camping.  The weather tends to cool off dramatically from here on in so we were fully aware that it would be our last opportunity for the season.  We watched the weather for a week prior and mid last week we decided to take a punt on an unknown to us campsite on the shore of Lake Benmore, which is four hours drive from home.  I had quite a backlog of unphotographed projects so I popped them all into my caravan drawers and over the course of the weekend managed to photograph the lot!  Bargain, now all I need to do is write up a post for each one.

I have quite a collection of tee shirt appropriate knits but a very meagre collection of actual tee shirts.  I live in tee shirts in the weekend and holidays so I really needed to remedy this situation. 2015, after all, is going to be my year of sewing for practicality,  so prior to our trip I dragged out my entire collection of knits and put together a few fabric combinations.  


The tee you see above was actually a happy accident.  It was made
using Jalie 3352.  I had previously made the long sleeve version, both as a long sleeve merino and also as a cardigan (redrafted).  I hadn't made the short sleeved version though and actually had no intention of doing so at this point.  It wasn't until I had actually cut out my fabrics that I changed my mind on fabric combinations and the short sleeved tee was born.  



I did change the tee slightly, I changed the hem to a straight hem and not the duck tail as pictured and also laid my Tessuti Alexa on top and cut the neckline to match the Alexa.  I really like the high neck on the Alexa especially over the cooler months.  It works well with a scarf draped over top or with a statement necklace.  I have found the Jalie neckline just too big all round.

I really love how this tee worked out.  It reminds me of the Maria Denmark Kirsten Kimono Tee but on me this style works better.  I have hips and I feel the Kirsten tee is designed for someone who is a little less bottom heavy.



Now, back to my weekend.  We visited a site that we did not know even existed and my understanding is, very few people do.  It is a abandoned film set depicting a Roman town on the shores of the Sea of Galilee.  I have just Wikipedia'ed the sea of Galilee and I can see that there actually is a striking resemblance!


The film set, as seen from the boat shot above.


The real Sea of Galilee courtesy of Wikipedia.  The resemblence is indeed striking.

Comments

  1. Great top and beautiful setting. I lived on a kibbutz near the real Sea of Galilee for nearly a year in the late 70s. It was a magical place ...then.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! A Kibbutz sounds like quite an adventure.

      Delete
  2. A lovely setting. Your t shirt looks perfect for the purpose, and much nicer than RTW.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts