Stylearc Kylie Knit Top




This is the top that nearly didn't happen.  I loved the line drawings and even the photo of the finished product but put the brakes on before the neck band went on.  



The fabric I chose to make it out of is a lovely weight cotton lycra from Fabric Vision which I picked up in a sale.  


I made it to a size 8 which was in hindsight the perfect size.  I did need to shorten it though, and did this to both layers before cutting the top out.  If I were to make it again, I probably wouldn't shorten the top layer.



So why did I have reservations?  Because my fabric was a beefy cotton lycra, I felt that the double layer was going to make the top too thick and cause the neckline not to sit properly.  Thankfully I was wrong!  I love the finished product and I am sure I will be grateful of the extra layer when autumn starts to bite.

Comments

  1. Lucky you finished this top because it looks great. Cute design and will be nice and warm with the overlay now the weather is cooling off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have worn this top a lot lately although the weather is not cooling off as much as expected yet. It is very handy for cooler mornings.

      Delete
  2. Glad to see this top made up as I've been considering buying the pattern. Love your version.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantastic pattern, it looks great. It may also work well with the overlay being a chiffon??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't thought of that! I guess with this one you are limited by your imagination!

      Delete
  4. The fabric was a brilliant find, giving an ordinary dress a ‘designer’ look. pattern making

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts