Stylearc Barb Pants in Bengaline
On my eternal quest for the perfect pair of pants, I dug through my pattern stash and found Stylearc Barb pants. From memory, this was a free pattern for signing up to their mailing list. I have put on a little weight lately and found that my Stylearc Elle pants are a little tight, so my need for new pants had my keen to try a different pattern.
Unfortunately the first pair I cut with the stretch running the wrong way. Fortunately though I had more fabric so after I had finished being angry at myself for the wasteage, I cut a second pair. According to my measurements, I should be a size 12. I could have in hindsight, cut a size 10. My bengaline is extremely stretchy so a size 10 may work better on a fabric with less stretch.
I have ended up with a wearable pair of pants, although looking at these photos I feel they could be a little long, but I certainly wouldn't rate this pattern as a tnt. I bought a Craftsy course in trouser block drafting so hopefully I will be able to solve my trouser fitting woes soon.