Jalie 3245 Version Two





The fact there is a version two of Jalie 3245 may have you wondering about version one.  I have to say I have, due to a backlog in blogging, jumped the queue with version two.  Version one is a 3/4 sleeve tee top and there wasn't any way I was posing in Central Otago in mid winter in this top.  My latest merino version is a completely different kettle of fish.



This top is completely made of leftovers.  The spots was a top of mine and the solid colour leftover from a top of Courteney's.  Both fabrics  are merino blend and both were bought at The Fabric Store. I always tend to err on the side of caution when buying fabrics in case they shrink in the wash.


I raised the neckline on this top because my first version has a very low neckline for a winter top.  I like them to be a bit higher so that I can wear a scarf and of course to keep me warmer.  I also straightened the front hem but I left the back hem as drafted.


The tee came together really quickly as most of the construction was done on the overlocker with my coverstitch used for the hems and sleeve hems.


Will I make this top again?  Yes definitely!  I already have some fabric put aside for spring.

These photos were taken in Wanaka on our recent family ski trip.  It was a lovely crisp winter's day so perfect for these photographs.







Comments

  1. Great top. I ended up straightening the front hem on my last Jalie raglan as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is quite an exaggerated curve on this pattern.

      Delete
  2. A lovely warm top. I love the raglan sleeves in the contrasting fabric.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does make a pleasant change. I find I get a little bored with my clothes at this point in the winter.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts