McCall's 6992 in Merino



I have rather a backlog of unblogged posts at the moment.  I am trying to catch up before spring is well an truly in our grasp.  

I actually made this version of McCall's 6992 before we went to Queenstown and even wore it down there but for some reason I forgot to photograph it.   It has been on regular rotation since.

There is not a lot to say about the construction of this one that I haven't said before.   It was stitched on my overlocker and the hems were stitched with my coverstitch.   The fabric I used is some lovely soft brushed merino blend from The Fabric Store.  Navy is not a colour I wear a lot of but I should.  It makes a pleasant change from the black uniform that seems to creep in over winter.


While not the most exciting of tops, this one does make a great layering piece and I often wear it under my vest, so for practical purposes alone this one is a winner.



Comments

  1. We all need practical in our wardrobe! Your hair looks lovely against the navy. I find when I try on navy things they are so much more flattering than black!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I had my colours done a few years back and both navy and black are colours I should be wearing.

      Delete
  2. Navy is such a nice change from black...not nearly as harsh. Your top looks lovely and I'm sure will be a very practical addition to your wardrobe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also like navy because even if it gets a little washed out, the colour doesn't look tired like black does.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts