End of April Wrap Up





There were some really successful makes in April, particularly McCall's 7542 but really, the only thing I made this month that I don't love is my first pair of Sasha pants.  As I said in that post though, they are very wearable and there will be more.  

Since making the above items I have moved on to more autumnal items and have been happily ensconsed in making cozy merino layers.  I need to get these photographed and written up so I can plug some gaps with Me Made May later in the month.  I wasn't going to participate this year but I do find the process quite educational and really enjoy seeing what others are wearing and making up.  I am sure I will be over the photograph palaver by the end of the month but have made it easy on myself by only participating on Instagram.

End of April Wrap Up

Blue Lindy Petal Skirt
Fabric $6.00
Pattern (used before) $0.00
Elastic (from stash) $0.00
Total $6.00

White McCall's 7542 Blouse
Fabric (remnant) $0.00
Pattern $10.00
Hook & Eye $0.00
Total $10.00

Blue Lace McCall's 7542
Fabric $9.00
Pattern (used before) $0.00
Hook & Eye (from stash) $0.00
Total $9.00

Grey Sasha Pants
Fabric $8.00
Pattern $19.97
Buttons $1.65
Facing Fabrics $0.00
Interfacing $0.00
Total $29.62

Burdastyle Flounce Top
Pattern $16.00
Fabric $11.25
Total $27.25

Ginger Jeans
Pattern $0.00
Fabric $20.00
Lining $0.00
Zip $2.50
Buttons/Rivets $0.00
Thread $3.00
Total $25.50

Total $107.37




Comments

  1. Another great month. But your maths is out for the sasha pants - looks like you have more money for next month 💵

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that you showed what it cost you to make some of your clothes. I try to have my cost be less than it would cost me to buy it in the store. I understand that sometimes it doesn't work out that way but majority of the time (for me ) it should. The white blouse ,I have the pattern and the view you did was my least favorite. After seeing your version it has moved to my favorite.
    Thanks for the inspiration.
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The white top came out really nicely and is definitely a style I will make again. Some of the bigger sleeves though, I don't think I will bother with. They are just too impractical.

      I try to have my handmades cost equivalent or less than retail as well. Most of the time, quality for quality I achieve this.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts